It has been a long while since I have shopped at CVS. It's not because they don't have great deals. They do! I just find sometimes that it is easier to stick to a few stores. And, most of you know, my store of choice is WAGS.
However, after I was alerted to the Duracell battery deal being offered this week, I had to make a trip! You won't see battery deals like this very often, and we were in need of AAs for sure.
To show how little I shopped at CVS this last quarter, my EasyCare bucks for the Winter quarter totaled a massive $1.00!
Okay, so it's time to get back into the CVS game! They do have a lot of ways to earn ECBs, and I do love to shop there. The fact that I have approximately 10 CVS stores within a few miles of me makes the game even easier. There's always a few stores that are well-stocked in the event that one is not.
For those of you who are are fairly new to couponing, you will love shopping at CVS & WAGS (Walgreens). Most of the time, you should be able to save at least 75%. And many times, your savings should be closer to 80 to 90%. Yes, it's true! The drugstores have great sales along with incentive programs & rewards to get you to shop with them. When you add in Manufacturer coupons & in-store coupons, it's a couponers' haven!
So, keep in mind, that my trip today only included the $1.00 EasyCare Buck (ECB). My savings will not be near as much as they will be once I start accumulating ECBs.
(3) packs of Duracell batteries 20ct $9.99 each (Reg Price $14.49ea)
(1) Dawn $0.99 (Reg Price $1.69)
(1) Gold Bond Ultimate Body Wash $5.88 (Reg Price $$6.89)
(2) Snack Pack puddings $0.99 each (Reg Price $1.67ea)
(1) Teddy Bear cookies $1.00 (Found in $1.00 section)
(1) Box 100ct green tea bags $1.00 (Found in $1.00 section)
(3) $1.50 Off ANY ONE Duracell Copper Top 6pk or larger (P&G 04/03)
(1) $0.25 Off One Dawn (P&G 04/03)
(1) $2.00 Off Gold Bond Ultimate Body Wash (P&G 04/03)
(1) $5.00 Off $40.00 Purchase at CVS
(1) $1.00 ECB earned for Winter Quarter shopping
Total Bill at regular price: $57.39 - 16.55 (Sales) - 12.75 (coupons)= $28.09 OOP (Cash)
I SAVED 51% THIS TRIP! (Remember, you ALWAYS want to save at least 50%!)
But here's the BONUS:
I received the following EasyCare Bucks: (The ECBs will not be included in my savings until I actually use them.)
(1) $10.00 ECB for purchasing $30 in P&G products
(1) $3.00 ECB for purchasing (1) Gold Bond Ultimate Body Wash
(2) Packs of Duracell batteries included $20 in coupons for P&G products! That's $40 worth of coupons to use with a great sale!
$1.00 Off ANY ONE Bounce Dryer Bar
$1.00 Off ANY (2) Cascade Products
$1.00 Off ANY ONE Charmin Product
$1.00 Off ANY ONE 6pk Duracell Copper Top Batteries
$1.00 Off ANY (2) Old Spice anti-perspirant, deodorant, or body wash
$2.00 Off ANY (2) Old Spice Red Zone Odor Blocker, or Dry-Skin Defense body wash
BUY (1) Old Spice Fresh Collection Invisible Solid or Body Spray, GET ONE FREE Fresh Collection Body Spray
$1.00 Off ANY ONE Oral-B Pulsar, CrossAction, OR Advantage, OR ANY (2) Indicator or Cavity Defense toothbrush
$1.00 Off ANY ONE Pantene Styling product
$2.00 Off ANY ONE Prilosec OTC
$1.00 Off ANY (2) Snack Stacks or Pringles Stix
$4.00 Off ANY ONE Sinex product
So, all in all, even though I only saved 51% initially, look at all the bonuses to be used in the future! NOT a bad shopping trip! I really needed the batteries!