Saturday, May 18, 2013

Spicy Monterey-style Kale Chips


I found the following recipe in the current issue of Woman's World (May 27, 2013).  I have not tried it yet, but I know they are the new craze.  It is a great, tasty and healthy alternative to potato chips!

INGREDIENTS:
3 Tbs grated Parmesan cheese
1 Tbs finely minced garlic
1/8 tsp crushed red pepper flakes, or more to taste
3 Tbs olive oil
1 lb kale, stems removed

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Coat 2 baking sheets with cooking spray.  Divide cheese, garlic, pepper flakes and oil between 2 large plastic food storage bags.  Tear kale into bite-size pieces.  Add to bags, seal and shake to coat.  Spread in single layer on baking sheets.  Bake 25-30 minutes or until kale is crisp, but not brown. Transfer to rack to cool.
Makes 4 - 6 cups.

2 comments:

  1. I'm usually not a veggie person but I was reading a diet book recently and they suggested Kale smoothies as a way to lose weight. I have gotten to where I actually don't mind them AND I am losing weight. Since kale is my new friend, I will HAVE to try this recipe! Thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kale is healthy in so many ways. Glad you like kale! It is definitely an acquired taste. It took me a while to get used to the taste (and I AM a veggie person). I first had to mix it in other greens in a salad. I still am chicken to use it in a smoothie! Let me know if you try this and how you like it!

      Delete