Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Year 2013! - To New Beginnings







For the past few days, like so many of you, I have been thinking about what my goals for 2013 will be.  As the years move on, health is always at the top of my list.  And, I am always pondering what I can do to improve my health.....I am not getting any younger, so I have to work harder at it as each year quickly passes by!  

I do not like to make a list of new year's resolutions, as I do try to practice living in the moment, day-by-day, in the present......you know, all the things that the master philosophers preach.  It does work, by the way!  I tread lightly through the negatives and savor the positives.....waking up to each morning as a fresh new start.

While listing specific goals for the year can be encouraging for some, for me it sets up failure and disappointment.  Neither of which I like.  So, I looked to my favorite bloggers for inspiration.  And, in my search, lo and behold, I found the PERFECT words to add to my new year's resolutions.  No long list.  Just two words.  And, these two words sum it all up for me.....words to live by, so to speak!  

These two bloggers have eloquently expressed my very thoughts for this coming year. Please take a few moments to read their blogs.  They are both inspiring and thought-provoking.

One word, one goal, many paths by Dan Garner of Zen Presence - A New Voice

Rejoice! {One Word 2013} by Kayse Pratt.  If you sign up for Kayse's newsletter, you will receive a copy of her first eBook Getting it Together.  It includes printables and great ideas to help you get more organized in 2013.  

So, my two words for this year are AWAKEN and REJOICE.  I will incorporate these two words into my everyday living in 2013.  

I pray for many blessings in the coming year to all my readers.




No comments:

Post a Comment