Thursday, November 17, 2011

On The Road To FREEDOM!!! Unloading the STUFF!

There's an amazing trend populating blogland lately.  Somehow, ironic, as I have been pondering the same thoughts and have been preparing to blog about it, too.  For the past two weeks, I have contemplated changing my entire thought process on thrifting....and turning my energies to purging, decluttering, minimalizing, downsizing - whatever you want to call it.  It all relates to that nasty word beginning with an "S" - STUFF!!! 

What are we to do with all this STUFF that we have accumulated over time?  This stuff that we so happily paid so little to own.  Stuff that we were so proud to proclaim as awesome buys....bragging how much we saved.  But, did we really get a bargain, and at what expense?  How much of this accumulation are actual products that we need or use on a regular basis?  I look around and can only come up with one exclamation........AAAAAAAAHHHH!!  Insanity!!!

Do I really enjoy all this stuff?  Have I found pleasure in taking care of, moving, dusting, cleaning, and moving it again and again?  Why is there a need to fill up space?   And, when is it enough?  When do we stop?  When do we realize that stuff now consumes our every breath, our every move, our every moment in time??  It completely captivates us to the point that we do not have time for that which truly brings enjoyment - family, friends, and relationships.   

I have spent a great amount of time over the past few weeks reading blog after blog, and eBook after eBook on the topic of minimalism.  And, I have come to the realization that all this STUFF has to go! It clutters my home, my space, my time, and my mind!  You will find that if your space is cluttered, your mind is cluttered.   And, when you regain your space, you regain your mind!  It's a wonderful thing!  I just needed a little bit of a push and some enthusiasm from those who started this way of life before me.  I guess I needed to read over and over again how "freeing" it is to let go.  I am now ready!!

Please join me on my new journey to freedom!  I hope to be so free of stuff that I will have time to enjoy one of my greatest passions ~ writing! 

No comments:

Post a Comment